Living the Dream.





Monday, September 14, 2009

JG - A visa may be revoked at any time and for any reason

From my archive of press clippings:

Jamaica Gleaner

A visa may be revoked at any time and for any reason

Published: Tuesday April 21, 2009

Walker-Huntington

Q: I was married to a Jamaican who is a citizen of the United States (US). He filed for me while I was there with him, and then came down for my interview here in Jamaica. I was denied the visa because I had overstayed in the US.

Now I need to know if I will be able to ever go back to the US. I am dating now and he happens to be an American-born. Should this man and I get married and he decides to file for me, will I still be denied the fact that I had once overstayed in the US?

Thanking you in advance.

J.D.

Read the rest of the article here.

_____

Dahlia A. Walker-Huntington, Esq. is a Jamaican-American attorney who practices law in Florida in the areas of Immigration, Family, Corporate & Personal-Injury Law. She is a mediator, arbitrator and Special Magistrate in Broward County, Florida. Send your questions and comments to: editor@gleanerjm.com or info@walkerhuntington.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That applies only if you are not also charged with fraud, which is a life-time bar.