From my archive of press clippings:
Jamaica Gleaner
Embrace Alemanni's 'tough love'
Published: Saturday May 8, 2010 Comments 0
The Editor, Sir:
I wish to commend the citizens of Maverley and EU for agreeing to and embracing a bold step to developing their community. I would further commend the head of the EU delegation for resisting any temptation to show 'soft love' to a community that needs encouragement to be bold in solving its problems.
Read the whole letter here.
Snippet(s):
"Regarding the sending of the message to the 'big men', the culture on the ground suggests that a message from a white foreigner gets a very high level of consideration among the 'big men' than if it were from our own. This might be due to credibility problems that we have created, as well as the superstar perception from television, or even the effect of slavery."
&
"The 'tough love' by Mr Alemmani of the EU is not a new approach to effecting change in these communities. It is the language that they speak and respect. I do hope that this is an approach that our local leaders (at all levels) will consider and embrace."
_____
I am, etc.,
HERMON EDMONSON
hermonc64@yahoo.com
Old Harbour, St Catherine
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment