As my esteemed colleagues at The Skeptical Bureaucrat, Life After Jerusalem, and Diplopundit have noted, Philip J. Crowley, the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs (and the Department of State's spokesman), has resigned as a result of some remarks he made recently at what was, I think, supposed to be an off-the-record venue.
That'll happen.
Just the other day, I mentioned how "A/S Crowley (Colonel, U.S. Air Force Retired) has an unenviable job."
And that "I wouldn't take it at gunpoint. Well, not that anyone's likely to ever offer me any job anywhere near the assistant secretary level, but he has to walk a very fine line between needing to put lipstick (our lipstick) on a pig (our pig) and uttering any actual untruths.
Diplomacy can be like that."
Make of my remarks what you will.
(And I can confirm that no one has offered me the job.)
Now, if they were looking for a spokes-model....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
P.J. is a great guy who speaks truth to power. That's why the job of spokesman was a bad fit from the beginning.
I have a neat bundle of totally unsupported political speculation as to some of the underpinings of this move, but that's just my suspicious nature.
Never met the man personally, but he certainly came across a lot more credibly than that ass they had doing pressers at the White House until recently.
Post a Comment