Michael Walsh at The Corner ("The one and only.") had a sympathetic perspective.
Money quote(s):
"(M)aybe it’s because I grew up on the U.S.-Mexican border in San Diego, or because I was a minority (white/haole) high-school student in Honolulu, or because I was a legal resident for years in Germany, where my American children (one of whom was born in Germany) got a splendid education in the German public-school system, that I think Perry has the principle exactly right on this issue."
It doesn't make sense to permit the growth of an under-educated (or un-vaccinated, &tc.) under-class in any American state or city.
(But we already do that.)
And what does it say when not subsidizing post-secondary education for illegal aliens is even an issue?
While I get what the poster is saying, in all the instance he cites, he was either a national citizen or a legal resident of one sort or another. Not an illegal.
9/23

No comments:
Post a Comment