Living the Dream.





Thursday, August 13, 2009

re: "New Bureau Needed at State?"

Domani Spero at Diplopundit weighed in on the protocol learning curve.

Money quote(s):

"On the DVD gift set reportedly given to Mr. Brown, what can I say? At least Mr. Brown did not have to report it to his ethics office? Or -- it was so cheap, Mr. Brown gets to keep it? Well, I'm trying to be helpful here -- who picked out that gift, an intern with a maxed out credit card? Okay, let's be charitable and just say they are on a learning curve here."

"(W)hat we need is a a new position at the State Department -- the Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Gag Gifts and Foreign Gifting (GG/FG). He/She would be the subject matter expert on gifts and foreign gifting choices for all branches of the government."

&

"I'm willing to do the gag gift gig, if only to show I'm not a kid! Will work for free if there is coffee and some respectability (i.e. corner office).

Not a lot of options here, people - get your act together, get a new bureau (and A/S), or get your daily dose of Comedy Central. Seriously."

No comments: